Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:24:17 -0500
From:      Madhusudan Singh <singh.madhusudan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about cvsup

Thanks for a very helpful response.

I have another query. As a matter of practice, is it a good idea to upgrade
ports immediately after a kernel compile ?

I do not expect that the ports depend directly on the kernel (for most changes
in kernel), though I could well be wrong (for instance cdrecord on linux had
major problems after the 2.6.9 kernel came out).