Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 2014 22:32:31 +0100
From:      Steven Lawrance <stl@koffein.net>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   i.MX6 on-die temperature sensor

Hi all,

a Wandboard turned up on my desk yesterday and I thought I'd get
started with something simple -- the on-chip temperature sensor.

A patch is attached, but I've got a few questions, mostly about FDTs:

The driver doesn't need to reserve any resources for itself but rather
refer to two others, anatop and ocotp.  How can that relationship be
represented in the FDT?

How is the sequence of device attachments determined?  Just by the
order in the FDT?  The current scenario seems quite fragile if that's
the case.

For the OCOTP (on-chip one-time-programmable memory) side of things, I
just followed the pattern in imx6_anatop.c, which is to provide public
methods for accessing its memory space.  But it feels a bit dirty -- I
imagine there could be cases where you would have two similar blocks
and things would fall apart.

cheers,

--
Steven Lawrance