Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 11:03:32 -0700
From:      "Greg Hughes" <greg@cyberport.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Netgear ISDN TA/"Modem" with FreeBSD?

I'm haven't been able to find any info ref this in the searchable archives,
so here goes:

I have a Netgear (Bay Networks) ISDN model XM128 terminal adapter (what they
call a digital modem) that I want to use to replace my analog modem on my
FreeBSD 2.2.5) machine. I am using PPP to dial and establish my connection
to my ISP, and ther FreeBSD machine acts as a sort of router, or forwarder,
or what have you.

I was able to get the ISDN TA to make attempts at dialing, but it is not
authenticating or connecting, and seems to be generally confused. My
connection uses data over voice and requires CHAP to be turned off. I am
dialing into a Livingston.3Com PM-3, if that is relevant in any way.

Has anyone had experience using this particualr model (XM128u - North
American) with any success? If this mesage would be better posted in another
area, please feel free to point me in the right direction, I don't want to
increase the clutter.

Thanks in advance.