Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:29:08 +0000
From:      Aleksandar Simic <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   3.4 CD will *not* boot.

Hello,

Just received 3.4 on CD. But when I tried installing it by booting
from the first CD, the CD just wouldn't boot. Although I could boot of
the second CD.

-How safe would it be to install from the second CD ? Would I miss
some features that are only found on the first CD ?

My CD drive is Creative Labs:

[dmesg output]
cd0: drive speed 687 - 5507KB/sec, 512KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, packet track
acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: no/blank disc inside, unlocked

[kernel options]
options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
device          acd0            #IDE CD-ROM

I have installed previous releases of FreeBSD on this drive without
any problems.

Thank you

-Alex