Date:      29 Jan 2003 23:15:20 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: png-1.2.5 should install libpng12.pc

Am Mi, 2003-01-29 um 20.33 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 13:42, Franz Klammer wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > gstreamer-plugins-0.5.2 didn't find the png-library because
> > it searches for a libpng12.pc:
>
> Thanks for sending this, Franz.  I caught this a while ago, and sent a
> patch, but it must have been eaten by my laptop.

you're welcome!

i've found it because today i would get gstreamer
(exactly gst-thumbnail) running ... i thought.

general: i've always tried to make a thumbnail from an avi or mpeg.

first a small success for me. i've found out that you should also add
graphics/Hermes to the dependencies. without Hermes gst-thumbnail stops
with this error:   "Parse error: No such element colorspace"

-- but my knowledge ends here --

gst-thumbnail core dumps now with this error:

Fatal error 'longjmp()ing between thread contexts is undefined by POSIX
1003.1' at line 72 in file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_jmp.c
(errno = 22)

top give me an interesting output (I've removed PID and username):
PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
-4  0     308M 25168K getblk   0:05  2.12%  2.10% gst-thumbnail

last cvsup/makeworld/makekernel:
5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Jan 26 20:02:25 CET 2003

franz.