Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 11:08:48 -0300
From:      Danilo Castro <fastjack@fjack.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: proxy server

Hi faisal!

On Sat, 04 Aug 2001, faisal gillani wrote:

> I want to setupup a proxy server on my FreeBSD box for
> my company ...
> i was thinking that what are my alternatives ?
> i have a slow connection so i need lots of cashing ..
> no firewall needed cause wont be using system for
> hosting
> & will use a dinamic ip ...
>
> thanks
> Faisal

Well i recomend you to use squid...
I used it on the ISPs that i worked and now im using for my home
network.. its very good and dont need a very good machine..
You can configure teh size of teh cache and how long things will stay..
any many other features... impov for sure its the best solution arround.

[]s

kobold