Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:28:42 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        sil@antioffline.com
Cc:        Richard Wilson <wk633@victoria.tc.ca>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:27:18PM -0800, sil@antioffline.com wrote:
> Can't we all just get along. First off the advisories we're jokes I made
> with friends and I never sent them out, or did I? Wouldn't make a difference
> anyways so here's my take.

Wow, you guys certainly know how to write good material.  Have you
considered stand-up?

> things I install on my network. So the answer is yes, no here is one for
> you, would you trust your network with an OS that has had more advisories
> than crappier OS' (Windows) for the year?

So, you feel happier with the same insecure ports existing in your
OpenBSD ports collection, because they DON'T announce the
vulnerabilities?  We're doing both communities a service here,
bud.  The overwhelming majority of advisories we issue don't relate to
the default installation of FreeBSD, and it is an act of sheer
ignorance (or malice) to associate ports advisories with insecurity of
FreeBSD.

Kris
--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--