Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:02:24 -0400
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Post Install Configuration Issues (ruby18 error)

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 11:16:51PM -0700, Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> On Monday 06 September 2004 11:11 am, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Another way: - this changes the default database (btriev) to hash
> >
> > setenv PORTS_DBDRIVER bdb1_hash
> >
> > then run your portdb -u
> > In fact, I opted for this one. I now run my ports tree updating
> > scripts as I did BEFORE these issues.
>
> What sort of effect might this have elsewhere? I'm sure this fix works,
> but is there something else that could get borked by changing the
> default database?

I used this on a box w/ multiple failures of ruby; I have since
noticed no issues.

The only difference is that I used this:

ENV['PORTS_DBDRIVER'] = 'dbm_hash'

from:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=638936+0+current/freebsd-ports

--
One million points of light shining on the new world-order model for
fascism and tyranny. Get in line.