Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:57:41 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Vladimir V. Tkatchenko" <vova@relay.dod.niss.gov.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp

> Dear Mr. Doug!
> I'm awfully sorry, but I lose your mail address.
> I have some problem with ppp version 1.2.
> At first when I give a command telnet localhost (port 3000) the system
> tells "Can't write open socket 3000 or 3001 (depending from tunnel). Tcp
> error. No password in ppp.secret"

Add a line to /etc/ppp/ppp.secret:

myhost mypassword

where ``myhost'' is the output from `hostname'.  Alternatively, get
the latest ppp from http://www.FreeBSD.org/~brian where you can set
the socket password in the `set server' command.

> As I understood this is the problem of tcp socket. And second...
> After connection refused the ppp -direct prosess don't reset. It dropped
> in memory.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  If you're having problems with ppp
not hanging up, the latest version of ppp should solve this.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;