Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:39:22 +1100
From:      "J. 'LoneWolf' Mattsson" <lonewolf-freebsd@earthmagic.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw1 or ipfw2 in STABLE?

At 09:15 14/02/2003 +0100, Claus Guttesen wrote:
>I wanted to prioritize both outcoming and returning
>traffic, but ipfw (ver. 1) only allowed me to
>prioritize on the port, but not distinguish on the
>direction.

Sure it does. If you want to distinguish direction based on the port
numbers, just do something like:
ipfw add allow tcp from any to 10.1.1.1 80
ipfw add allow tcp from 10.1.1.1 80 to any

You can specify port numbers for the source ip as well, so just reverse the
rule to match the return traffic. I.e. there is no need for the src-port
directive, simply specify the source port number after the source ip :)

Cheers,
/Johny