Date:      Thu, 12 May 2016 12:28:31 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Norbert Raimund Leisner <norbert.raimund.leisner@arcor.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java JRE/JDK  for FreeBSD?

On Thu, 12 May 2016 06:44:08 +0200 (CEST), Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote:
> Hello support-team, hello Roman,
>=20
> on the Oracle website http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downl=
oads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
> I didn=B4t find a suitable FreeBSD package there  for Java.

Usually you don't manually download stuff from websites and
then install them to FreeBSD. That's what the package installer
"pkg" and the ports collection is intended for. The FreeBSD
project maintains its own package repositories independent
from those "Oracle" offers. :-)

For FreeBSD, there are different JDKs and JREs. When I needed
one, I simply installed "diablo-jdk" and "javavmwrapper" from
the ports collection. You will find JAVA related tools in the
"java" category, both native for FreeBSD and for Linux ABI.

That said, you could try to use the Linux JRE...

--=20
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0