Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 1995 00:48:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        billlee@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Books, Etc. on FreeBSD??

> Could you recommend any books or other reading for FreeBSD?  Besides
> learning to use it (I'm a FreeBSD and a UNIX newbie), I'd like to learn
> about its structure at an introductory level.

> If there are few or no books specifically about FreeBSD, then which UN*X
> books are best for learning to use and administer FreeBSD?

Look for the O'Reilly books (especially the 4.4BSD set) at your local
bookstore.  They're probably the most complete, but they may not be
exactly what you're looking for.  They have a website with information
on thier titles, but the URL eludes me at the moment.

I personally don't know of a good introductory text.  Someone else will
probably be able to help you with that.