Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:23:24 +0200
From:      "Knocke" <knockefreebsd@o2.pl>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [nwebe] How to track TCP socket variables? (cwnd, ssthresh)

Hi!

I'm about to get a bit deeper into TCP world, recently experienced a =
problem - I need to have a real-time image of actual active TCP socket =
state, its most important variables like: cwnd, ssthresh, S and R =
windows, etc,=20
I thought I'd be possible to see using tcpdump, but as far as I know =
it;s only a packet dumper based on datalink layer, so it knows nothing =
about current machine's socket states. I've been searching the Internet =
for a quite long time, and couldn't find anything smarter than different =
packet analysers etc.=20

Could somebode give me hint what to do? Is there any tool to connect to =
existing TCP socket and dump its state per each segment sent or =
received? Or any other way to achive the goal? It could be also a kind =
of dedicated benchmark tool (lice ttcp) that comes togehter with what i =
need, I don't necesarly need to track existing sshd or apache owned =
sockets.=20

kh