Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2001 06:11:25 -0000
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Swap space with 3GB RAM

As you may have seen in my other recent question, we're setting up a web
server currently. It's going to have an excessive amount of RAM (3GB) -
basically, with this (according to man tuning) we need 6GB swap space. This
isn't a problem itself, we'll have plenty of space on the HDD for it. We;re
wondering though if we should order it later in the partition table than
one normally would for swap - probably last - as it never will be used in
any normal operation of the server (we're having far far more RAM than
we'll need for a good while to come).

So, that given, any problems putting the swap space at the end of the
partition table instead of near the start as one normally would?

TIA,
Mark
--
Mark Hughes - DVD & Film Content Manager, Technical Officer
Digital Spy Ltd