Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 20:29:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need INN 1.4sec URGENT

Lo and behold, Nathan Stratton once said:

> Hi, I am moving my news server form linux to FreeBSD and ran into a
> problem. I can't fiend INN 1.4 sec package on ftp.cdrom.com. Is there one
> out ther that has the binaries compiled? I can't get the one from
> ftp.uu.net to compile. So I am looking for a compiled package.

   Grab the one from the ports collection, it compiles like a charm.
Just get in the directory, type "Make" and "Make install".
   If you're feeling brave, however, I'd suggest that you compile
INN 1.4sec unoff2 instead -- the streaming mode protocol is a _huge_
improvement, especially if you're used to Linux.  (We just moved our news
server to FreeBSD from Linux).  Also, you'll want to set the -DMMAP flag
in the DBZCFLAGS.  *shrug*
   The pre-made BSD config file works pretty well if you mix and match it
a bit with that from the BSD ports config file.  Trust me, though -- you
want unoff2. :)
   You're welcome to any of my config files and/or makefiles.  I'll stick
'em in
   ftp://ftp.aros.net/pub/users/angio/news/*
for the next few days.  G'luck!

     -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)