Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:42:25 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@remarq.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gtk versions

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 12:54:32PM -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:

> Lots of ports only work with certain versions, though I've been heard
> making threats to remove gtk10, gtk11-devel and BROKEN every port that
> doesn't work with what's left.

Do it.  Please.  Along with all the kde stuff (given that kde11) is there.

IMHO, given that multiple instances of gtk/glib occasionally interact
badly with ports and non-ports software, and that the 1.2.1 versions of
both are relatively stable (for some weird definition of stable), it
seems to make much more sense to temporarily lose a few ports in the
interests of keep a system sane.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, RemarQ Communities, Inc., San Jose, CA.
mailto:ade@remarq.com   http://www.remarq.com