Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:11:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adon <ahwang@fas.harvard.edu>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DDS-4 set density woes

it is nominally compressed (gzip default).  in the past, i have seen that
the hardware compression can squeeze some bits out of this.  however,
perhaps you are right.  i should try the backup without
hardware compression.

my real question is concerning 'mt density' command.  it seems to do
nothing.  i also have an exabyte 8mm drive.  for that drive, the density
shows up as simply "default".  attempts to change it were also useless.

thanks,
adon