Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 95 15:21:48 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   List management: DIGEST TIME?

While everyone is at list/newgroup/gateway reform...

Has anyone considered that digesting the lists would both reduce
the mail load and reduce the inbox load for people?  It would also
reduce the number of connections people would have to deal with
coming into their box (If they pay that way).

CV: the Samba list

Of course, a potential missing piece is the exploder you'd want to
use so that reply messages didn't reference digest subjects instead
of referencing the actual subject of the message in the digest being
responded to.

Also like the Samba list, this would not have to be mandatory -- you
could be on either a direct repeat or a digest repeat (I'm on the digest
repeat for the samba, but would want to stay on the regular lists for
most of the FreeBSD lists I'm on, except questions, where it would
be easier to batch-answer problems).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---