Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:51:03 +0200
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome freebsd <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nautilus and mouting?

Am 2003.07.07 19:38 schrieb(en) Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 08:22, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Where can I find what I do have to do to get nautilus working for
> > mounting floppy and cdrom and scsi cdrw devices from user accounts?
> >
> > Every user in group X should have the possibility to mount this
> devices
> > via nautilus (or from the gnome-terminal).
>
> Did you also enable the vfs.usermount sysctl?

Yes, I could now get it working for the gnome-terminal.

I have an fstab entry like:

/dev/fd0                floppy          msdos   dev,rw,noauto  0   0

But the problem is, nautilus cannot cope with that, and also the user
can only mount it from there when he is at the top of his home
directory.

So now I have a few ideas, where I do not know how to configure:

1) Can I let a user mount to a directory which he doesn't own?
2) How can I set up an fstab entry, which matches to every user?
${HOME}/floppy and ~/floppy didn't work for me.

Thanks,
Martin

--
If you've got an idea and need help,