Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:30:41 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of adding Firewire support to kernel?

At Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:14:24 -0500,
B.K. DeLong <bkdelong@pobox.com> wrote:

> Hey all -
>
> I've been searching around the Web over the last week for signs firewire
> support will become part of the Kernel or at least an option.
>
> I received this email from another firewall-bsd list I'm on that looks
> promising but I'm not sure if I can install it and get a card to work along
> with a Firewire drive....
>
> Thoughts?

I don't think it's production level. But it's worth to try.
I believe most of the OHCI chips are supported by the fwohci code,
SBP devices which has only one LUN should be detected correctly by sbp
code. You may need some quirks in CAM layer.

Give me a feedback.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html