Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:05:55 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with  qemu networking after recent upgrade

After an upgrade Saturday (after a long period of not upgrading)
networking in qemu has stopped working for me.  All modules load without
trouble (unlike my recent vmware troubles.)

If, in a Windows guest system, I do ipconfig, it shows a typical
10.x.x.x qemu address.  (My home network is a 192.168.1.x and qemu has
always worked with it.)

However, if I then open up a web browser, or do anything else that
requires Internet connectivity, I get page cannot be found.

There has been no difference in what I do with qemu or how I load
it--the only difference was the upgrade.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone could
give me a hint as to where to start troubleshooting it.

I'm using the same pf configuration that I always used--disabling it
didn't help.  I load aio and kqemu for qemu to work.  Aside from that, I
do nothing special, it's always Just Worked(TM) using the default
networking.

Thank you for any input.  I'm not quite sure what my next step should be
in troubleshooting this.  I haven't written the maintainer or filed a PR
yet, because I have no idea if this is due to some oddity on my
particular system or not.  (I haven't had a chance to throw a recent
CURRENT on something else and test it there.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Cordelia: You're really campaigning for bitch of the year, aren't
you?
Buffy: As defending champion, you nervous?
Cordelia: I can hold my own.