Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 2020 01:41:25 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Luciano Mannucci (by way of Luciano Mannucci <luciano@vespaperitivo.it>) <luciano@vespaperitivo.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop SD memory reader

Re-including list, hope that's okay.

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 17:37:14 +0200, Luciano Mannucci (by way of Luciano Mannucci ) wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 13:58:39 +0200
> Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:
>
> > > sdhci_pci0@pci0:0:20:7:	class=0x080501 card=0xf9251179
> > > chip=0x78131022 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00 vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices,
> > > Inc. [AMD]' device     = 'FCH SD Flash Controller'
> > >     class      = base peripheral
> > >     subclass   = SD host controller
> > >
> > > Is there a device node associated with that?
> >
> > Yes, it's usually a "da" device, like /dev/da0.
> >
> > Check the output of "dmesg | grep ^da" as well as of
> > "camcontrol devlist".
> I see no "da" devices anywhere. And camcontrol devlist says:
>
> # camcontrol devlist
> <TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075 AX0A4M>        at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (ada0,pass0)
> <TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB TF01>    at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (cd0,pass1)
> #
>
> maybe the chip used in the Toshiba Satellite is not supported...

That is possible.

> Thanks for you answer,

Check if your specific laptop requires loading of a acpi_*
module - I had to do this on a Lenovo laptop in order to get
the internal SD card reader working. In your case, try:

	# kldload acpi_toshiba.ko

or add the corresponding entry to /boot/loader.conf:

	acpi_toshiba_load="YES"

After system restart, check for a da device corresponding to
the card reader.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany