Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:02:30 -0600
From:      Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 on a 486-66 system. Its running
smoothly and I have gone through setting up the ethernet NIC,
and followed the steps in the tutorial for setting up PPP. I have
also edited the C:\WINDOWS\hosts file on the Win95 units as
detailed in the tutorial, section 3.4.

Okay, so far I can make the following happen with this unit:

	1. Make a PPP connection with my ISP
	2. Login successfully
	3. Conduct FTP and Telnet sessions
	4. Ping the other Win95 computers NIC
	5. Ping the FreeBSD NIC from the Win95 units
	6. Ping the FreeBSD machine from itself, both with
	    its IP Address and using localhost or its name (curly).

I want to use my now functioning FreeBSD machine as a getway to
the internet for some Windows 95 machines which are hooked up
to it via ethernet cards and some BNC cable. So, if I go to the
FreeBSD box and make a PPP connection with my ISP, can
I now go to the Windows 95 machine and set the Internet
browser to use 192.168.0.1 (my FreeBSD unit's IP) as the
proxy server? That seem oversimplified now that I spell it
out. But can it be that simple?