Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:32:46 -0600
From:      "Jason Hudgins" <hudginsj@smtp.dancooks.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RSA5 Encryption Cracked..

Heya,
    I just thought some of you might be happy to know that the
Deschall project just successfully cracked an RC5 encrypted message
with a 56 bit key.  The really cool thing is that it was one of the
1-2% machines that was running FreeBSD! The majority of the
machines hacking away cpu cylces were running windows and solaris.
    They found the key after searching through only 25% of the
keyspace.  Even though it was really just a matter of luck, I still
that it was pretty cool.

Jason

Jason L. Hudgins
Dan Cook's Web Hacker Type Person