Date:              Mon, 02 Aug 99 16:55:20 EDT
From:      Marius <MBKING0@VM.SC.EDU>
To:        DKELLY@HIWAAY.NET
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:        PhotoDelux files under FreeBSD

Dear Dave,

    It doesn't matter what scanner you are using.  PhotoDelux will only want
to scan to it special file format.  But after it is scanned, you can use
PhotoDelux to convert the image,"Export" it, to a JPG or a GIF.  Just look
under the file menu pulldown, it is there.  Then you can bring it into the
GIMP and get some real work done.  (Mind you, the program will always complain
if you dont save your work in .pdd, just ignore it.)
    I highly doubt that there is a FreeBSD solution to this proprietary
format.  Others can correct me is I am in err though.