Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:38:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   wish4.X or wish8.Y?

Here are some problems I'm running into porting the tk/tcl/perl5
checkbook application, ``cbb'':

I've put in a patch that forces the install script to use perl
in /usr/local/bin, but the script also asks where wish4.X is.
There are a number of possible answers so that hitting a <cr>
finds /usr/local/bin/wish.

Am I correct in assuming that the new tk/tcl v8.X is backwards
compatible?  When the majority of FreeBSD users have upgraded to
the new tk/tcl release, will this app still work?   Any best guesses?
I would rather not upgrade to the latest tk/tcl suite until I
up-rev to 2.2.5... .

Mail to the author of cbb some weeks ago has gone unanswered, so
I'm not counting on him.  The author has a RetHat port on the umn.edu
site, so he is probably more Linux orientated than BSD.

Ideas?

gary kline

--
  Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix