Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:20:14 -0500
From:      Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>
To:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   monochrome monitor

I have a monochrome monitor I'd like to plug
in to a pentium-based FBSD router.  This worked
fine on the old 386 computer it came from, but
now that the 386 is dead, I'd still like to
use it over a color monitor.  Pulling the VGA
card and replacing it with the mono card and
monitor does not work.  Any thoughts?  (I
didn't find anything useful in the handbook
or archives, but maybe I missed something.)

TIA.

Walter