Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:21:40 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh version after cvsup

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 04:32:08PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
>   On Aug 02 at 07:44, Matthew Seaman spoke:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 11:35:16PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> >
> > > which ssh version will I get after cvsuping to RELENG_4_6?
> >
> > OpenSSH 3.4p1
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/crypto/openssh/version.h?rev=1.1.1.1.2.8.2.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=RELENG_4_6
>
> Ok. Thank you.
> Is there a means to ensure it has not been trojaned?

By installing via 'make buildworld' of the FreeBSD sources?  The
trojan consisted of an extra file and some modifications to the
OpenSSH Makefile --- neither of which were checked into the FreeBSD
CVS repository.

Even if you're installing from ports, so long as you don't override
the checksum tests, you'll be OK.  I believe it was because of the
ports that the trojan was discovered.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK