Date:      12 Jul 2002 18:05:45 -0700
From:      Steve Wingate <steve@velosystems.net>
To:        Jason Porter <leporter@xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Wheel Mouse

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 00:42, Jason Porter wrote:
> Hi all, I upgraded from XFree86 3.3.6 to 4.2.0 a couple of hours ago.
>  I'm running 4-stable, btw.  Before when I was using 3.3.6 the wheel on
> my  MS IntilliMouse Optical worked just fine, now it doesn't I've looked
> at xev and it doesn't register the wheel moving as an event.  I have
> Buttons 7 and ZAxisMapping 6 7 in my XF86Config file.  Any help here
> would be great, thanks.

I use:

    Identifier	"Mouse1"
    Driver	"mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Buttons" 	 "5"
    Option "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"

but I don't have the 7-button model anymore, hated the size.
<cough>Mandrakeuser.org</cough> has a how-to on config'ing the 7 button
model. Imwheel isn't needed any longer since XFree 4.x has wheel support
built in.