Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:41:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Seyed Bahram Mirkalami <bmirkalami@leads4less.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to know if an application is running

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Seyed Bahram Mirkalami wrote:

:Hello all:
:
:I have a server that was set up to start Apache, PostgreSQL and Tomcat upon
:boot-up, and everything was fine for a while but now looks like at least
:Tomcat is not running. I have very limited knowledge of FreeBSD and Unix in
:general. I'd like to know what the easiest way is to find out if all these
:applications are running.
:
ps(1)

Read teh manpage for complete usage, but you'd want to do something like
ps auxww| grep -i tomcat

DAvid

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com