Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:44:27 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ifconfig Nic card default mode?

This is a ifconfig -a  display of my Nic card in the server
connected to the Lan.

xl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	inet 10.0.10.2 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 10.255.255.255
	ether 00:01:02:2f:c3:00
	status: active

FTP statistics show this Nic outputting at 73 KBps while the
Nic card in the only machine on the lan is outputting at 19MBps.
That means the server Nic card is receiving much much faster that it
is sending out. The conclusion is that no matter what the ifconfig
says about the server Nic card it is not sending at 100baset
full-duplex mode by default.

How do I force it into 100baseT mode so FBSD knows about it?