Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:11:34 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>, Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problesm w/ 4.0-current & wine

> Whoops, I always end up typing the wrong thing :) boot0 is the MBR, boot2 is
> the kernel loader, and they're all by Mr. Nordier.

Wrong again.  boot0 is in the MBR, boot1 and boot2 are the bootstrap;
all by Robert.  The loader, OTOH, uses Robert's BTX code, Ficl, and a
lot of code derived by me from the NetBSD standalone loader.

> The BTX loader does have a "prompt" by default and if you interrupt the
> countdown. The prompt is, of course, Forth :)

The "BTX loader" doesn't have a prompt at all.  The kernel loader has a
prompt, and the prompt is not written in Forth (yet).