Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 1995 17:29:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        James Raynard <fqueries@parody.tecc.co.uk>
Cc:        Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Emulator

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, James Raynard wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Marty Leisner wrote:
>
> > Hmm...I already have a linux system available...what
> > do I use to configure the kernel (should GENERIC be
> > profusely commented?  I also have the handbook, and didn't
> > see a mention of linux in it...)
>
> LINT is supposed to have every possibility in it, but apparently one
> or two have slipped through the cracks...
>
> Actually I used the documentation that came with Doom (purely for
> research purposes, of course 8-). LINUX_COMPAT is the kernel option
> you need. There's also a kernel module that needs to be loaded (as
> root), once you have rebooted with your new kernel:-
>
> modload -e linux_init /lkm/linux_mod.o

OK, I've done this, but I always get:

Bus error (core dumped)

whenever I try running a Linux binary.  Any ideas?

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **