Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:03:49 -0800
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshua@twobirds.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel configuration

* Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> [2004-03-26 10:56]:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:20:42PM +0200, Toni Heinonen wrote:
> >
> > I didn't give options NFSCLIENT or NFSSERVER yet it seems to have compiled support. What gives?
>
> What you don't compile into your kernel (by eg. 'options NFSCLIENT')
> will generally be compiled as a loadable module instead -- here
> nfsclient.ko

I've wondered about this -- is that the significance of the

NO_MODULES parameter in make.conf?  IOW, if one was to specify
no_modules, would that build only the kernel modules that were
specified in the conf?

--
Joshua

Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not
stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown