Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:55:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        nsayer@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        frank@exit.com, gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk (Cameron Grant), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: neomagic 256av/256zx audio

Nick Sayer wrote:
> Frank Mayhar wrote:
> > Well, this doesn't help me a whole lot with pcm.
> I think it does. Try configuring pcm0 at 0x534 (4, not 0), irq 5,
> dma 0, flags 0x11 (presuming the BIOS says 0x530, irq 5, dma 0 & 1).
> This did work for me once upon a time, modulo bugs in the old pcm code.

Sigh.  I tried this.  I get the *exact* same hang as before.  It looks
like newpcm is trying to get the device on the pci bus without respect to
the configuration in the config file.

The line I used was
	device pcm0 at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 0 flags 0x11
with no "device pcm0" line.

Argh.  Next suggestion?
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com