Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:35:42 +0100
From:      Jamie Griffin <griffin8j@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vt console driver

I'm trying out the vt console driver and i'm wondering about the font
display when the system first boots up.

Ideally, I'd like to have it in graphical mode from the start so I can
benefit from a nice sized font; however, when I do that, by unsetting
hw.vga.textmode in /boot/loader.conf, the font is fuzzy and unwieldy.
the text doesn't fit the screen properly and is very big compared to
what it should be. If I do have hw.vga.textmode set then of course it
boots into a display with the regular console 8x16 font but when vt
switching, I get a lovely display with small, neat text and lots of info
on the screen.

My questions is, how can I get that from the start; i.e. i'd like it to
be like that on first boot and on all my console screens. Does anyone
know how I do that?