Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:59:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      rick@kiwi-computer.com
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   GNOME 2.0 bindings for GUILE

Hello!  I hate to bother you with this request; you've done a tremendous
job of porting GNOME 1.0 & 2.0 to FreeBSD and I've really enjoyed using
both, from a user's standpoint as well as a developer's.  I've recently
shifted gears from developing gtk+ 1.2 to using full-fledged GNOME 2.0 with
the entire suite of GUILE, libgda, GLADE, etc.

Anyways I noticed GUILE and the GNOME/GTK 2.0 bindings for GUILE were
unavailable as a FreeBSD port/package.  I was wondering if there were
plans to port guile-gtk-2.0 separate from guile-gtk-1.2 and if those plans
were anticipating near-future involvement.  In any case I would be willing
to help in any way possible to assist in getting this ported soon.  I have
a few machines running 5.0-RELEASE and a free machine or two to put
-CURRENT or whatnot on.  Please let me know if I can be of any help; I'm
anxious to see this version ported.  Thanks in advance,

-- Rick C. Petty        Senior Software Engineer, KIWI Computer
rick@kiwi-computer.com            http://www.kiwi-computer.com/