Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:58:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Carsten Zimmermann" <cz@aegisnet.biz>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

Hello -

While I agree that Beastie is totally cute and thus cool, I also
understand that people new to BSD might connect it with `evil´. I read the
chapter about daemons in mythology. But this chapter is not exactly what
you start with once you get to know BSD. Nevertheless, Beastie must not be
exchanged! :)

The website: The website is fine. It serves its purpose as stated before.
But imagine being a network technician convincing your employer to move
applications to The Great OS. I think the current FreeBSD website pretty
much suggests as FreeBSD being a `geek´ project. It can't be our aim that
FreeBSD is considered unserious, FreeBSD definately needs trusting
companies to raise its market penetration. And company's stake holders are
(most often) easily tempted by visual impressions. Thus, the website
itself is the primary marketing material in my eyes and I think there is
great need of redesigning it in the midterm view.

That much from me,
Carsten

Sigmascape1@cs.com sagte: