Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Rewrite Rules ?

>Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 01:02:07 +1000 (EST)
>From: Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net>

>Where exactly in sendmail.cf should I place a Rewrite rule to change the
>Delivery Address but not change the To: Address at the top of the E-Mail ?

As someone else commented, further clues about your actual intent would
be useful; it may well be that your needs would be handled adequately by
merely updating /etc/aliases & running "newaliases".

With respect to the question as asked, I would place such a rewriting rule
-- assuming I actually thought it were needed -- in ruleset 0, probably
via the "LOCAL_RULESET_0" capability (using the m4 configuration
technique).

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621