Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:06:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Steve Curry <scurry@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Hardware

> Has anyone had any luck getting freeBSD to run without quarks on a Compaq
> Deskpro EN?  It seems to freeze up or crash mostly when X is running.

	What kind of Video card does it have? I'm seeing the same general
problems. 4.2 with Xfree 3.1.2.whatever... :) I also see them at the
command prompt and have to power the machine down totally. Lets see,
reboot and shutdown don't totally work, it never gets to the part where it
says "press any key to reboot." I've not had time to investigate further..

	Rick