Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:56:26 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help with new port smpeg plugin for xmms

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         It is me again. Please, could somebody help me with
> this one.
>         I am almost nailing it. This is the newly released
> MPEG plugin released for xmms.
>         However, I am having some problems.  For use with xmms, I
> need shared versions of the plugin objects, namely libsmpeg_xmms.so.
> However, I am unable to achieve that due to unavailability of some
> x11/XFree86-4 (XFree86 4.0.1) shared objects. Here goes the complain
> from the xmms-smpeg port

I ported it, but it doesn't work (some problems with CVS version of smpeg library
included with it). The bug you mentioned is caused by libtool stupidity, which
refuses to create shared library if some of the libraries you are trying to link
with are static. The following workaround could be uses to fix this:

post-configure:
        @${PERL} -pi -e
's|^deplibs_check_method=.*|deplibs_check_method=pass_all|' \
                        ${WRKSRC}/libtool

-Maxim