Date:      08 Jun 2001 18:06:09 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        questions@freeBsd.org
Subject:   4.3-STABLE (Open) sshd: PAM setcred failed (can't login)

Just upgraded from 4.0-RELEASE by cvsup and built 4.3-STABLE and
matching kernel; ran mergemaster.

I can't login to the box by SSH, coming from another 4.3-STABLE
system. It logs the following when I do:

Jun  8 22:02:09 cousin sshd[10923]: fatal: PAM setcred failed[6]: Permission denied

I trussed the process just before this happened; waited for the client
to ask for my RSA key then fired up truss on the client-connected
process.

su-2.03# truss -p 10923
(null)()                                         = 1 (0x1)
read(0x5,0xbfbfa64c,0x2000)                      = 28 (0x1c)
getuid()

Would be nice if it told me what the object was that it doesn't have
permissions for.

Any ideas? I hate using telnet...

Thanks.