Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:56:43 +0100
From:      Michael <mlmichael70@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail: My unqualified host name

On 28/06/2010 23:21, Polytropon wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:12:38 +0100, Michael<mlmichael70@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Yes but I don't quite understand why. It's my laptop system and I don't
>> really need or want sendmail there.
>
> You may want to reconsider this statement. :-)

I did just that :) So far I thought sendmail is a big hairy thing that
is completely useless on desktop systems. Now I learned that it is kind
of crucial to proper system workings so in fact I do need it. Plus
messages that it tried to deliver are important so I definitely do want it.

>> It was all fine and quiet for months and started just recently.
>
> So THAT is really strange.

So mystery is now solved since I got sendmail working locally. It turned
out that ports update went wrong and messed up one program. That program
was being run every minute via root's crontab...

Thank you so much.

M.