Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:55:21 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dhcpd server suggestions?

Hey all.  I've just been convinced that I need to be running a dhcp
server on my internal network to avoid hangups when my ISP changes
things like dns IPs, etc.  I noticed there are 2 isc-dhcp ports (V2
and V3)

The online manpage for dhclient
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=dhcp-options&sektion=5) has
a search link for dhcpd, but that search comes up empty.

I can't seem to find a dhcp server in the base system, so I assume
that everyone out there is running one out of the ports.  Which one is
recommended?  I can't tell which version of dhclient is in the base
system, and it makes sense to use the same version of server.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Economists can certainly disappoint you.  One said that the economy would
turn up by the last quarter.  Well, I'm down to mine and it hasn't.
    -- Robert Orben