Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:03:41 +0200
From:      "Matthias F. Brandstetter" <haimat@lame.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: howto software raid under FreeBSD?

---------- quoting Matthias F. Brandstetter ----------
> Problem is, that man page says "atacontrol rebuild" is only valid on
> RAID capable ATA controllers. But since I have no such controller, I
> can't use this command.

Ahh, would it be possible to dd data to the new disk?

And if yes: Is this the correct way create the array for the first time? I
mean I have an existing installation on one disk. Now can I just dd data
to the second disk, create mirror via atacontrol, edit fstab accordingly,
and reboot into RAID without any other changes?

Greetings, Matthias

--
It takes two to lie.  One to lie and one to listen.

  -- Homer Simpson
     Colonel Homer