Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 00:45:35 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jason Morrow" <gribnif@inconnect.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem

> How do I use my modem?  Under linux you simply had to link /dev/cua2 to
> /dev/modem.  However, when I ran Minicom it said 'Modem not setup.'  What do
> I have to do to so that I can use my modem as a communications device to
> connect to the internet?

Use ppp (http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html).  Also, make sure your
modem is probed properly (dmesg | fgrep sio).  /dev/cuaa0 is COM1,
/dev/cuaa1 is COM2 etc.

I've never used ``minicom'', so I don't know what its problem is.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;