Date:      Fri, 29 May 2009 09:39:18 -0500
From:      "Gary Gatten" <Ggatten@waddell.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   libthr vs lipbthreads

Is there any sort of consensus on the better choice between these two
libraries?  I'm running an app (nTop) on 6.0 RELEASE and have sometimes
"odd" behavior and performances issues with libpthreads.  I recently
switched the libthr, but I'm not sure if the issues are the app code
itself, or the way FBSD does threads and scheduling.  Apparently these
issues are isolated to FBSD and Linux, Solaris, etc. work fine?  Also
thought about using Linux threads, but too much hassle compared to
creating libmap.conf and restarting.

Any thoughts, insights, etc. would be great.  Found some resources on
the web that indicated libthr is the way to go, but...  still not sure?

n 0in 1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."