Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:30:44 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        "Hugo (6s-gaming.com)" <admin@6s-gaming.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: background process limit?

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 08:11:59PM +0100, Hugo (6s-gaming.com) wrote:
> Is there a way to limit background processes ? I need to separate these
> from foreground processes, but can't find a way to. Any ideas?

You can restrict the maximum number of processes a UID is allowed to run
concurrently by configuring login.conf(5).  Some more info might be
useful.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
What do you mean by 'limit' and 'separate' in the above? You don't
qualify those verbs in the above :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer