Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:44:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7 and Sendmail

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

|->> sendmail_enable=NO
|->> sendmail_submit_enable=YES
|->> sendmail_msp_queue_enable=YES
|->>
|->> will work but then I have to run a sendmail process. I found another
|->> post that since 4.6 you have to run sendmail so as to accept mail
|->> from localhost.
|->>
|->> Is this right? I'd rather not have to run the sendmail process on a
|->> machine if I dont have to since I dont run sendmail as a process on
|->> the 3 other FBSD machines we have around.
|->
|->Yes, it is right.  The reasons behind the change are described in
|->/usr/src/UPDATING.  You should consult that file every time you
|->upgrade for changes since the previous 4.X version :)
|->
|->Check the instructions in /etc/mail/README too.

Thanks for the clarification and pointers to some docs. Kind of forgot
that I posted that.

Thanks,
Keith