Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2019 20:19:51 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: memfd_create landed in head

Hi,

Just a heads up- memfd_create(3) landed in head today
(__FreeBSD_version 1300048); at least graphics/mesa-dri has relevant
patches, and I seem to recall others. My test builds didn't seem to
raise any problems, and the patches are all to !HAVE_MEMFD_CREATE
blocks. autoconf should be doing the right thing here and picking up
that it exists now.

We don't support MFD_HUGETLB, but I didn't see any usage in mesa-dri
or any other ports that used memfd_create.

Please send any/all memfd_create related breakage my direction... this
should be an improvement in some ways, as we can now properly support
some of the cases that wanted !CLOEXEC but weren't getting it with how
we emulated memfd_create, though I suspect there's no practical
impact.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans